Forfeits, Cancellations & Refund Policy: Effective April 26th, 2013
In an effort to protect all league teams will strictly enforce the below policies with regards to forfeits, cancellations, registration and refunds.
1. There are NO rescheduling of games after 48 hours of the full season match schedule being emailed to captains
2. If you are forfeited on twice in one season, you will have one of the matches made up, so you will always have at least 8 of your 9 matches prior to playoffs
3. If you forfeit a game, no matter the time its is (-1) in the standings.
4. If you forfeit a second game in the same season, you will owe $50 to cover the costs of renting a new field to reschedule matches. This is due at the time of the end of the regular season, or can be deferred to your next league payment
5. If you forfeit a third game in a season, you can be dismissed from the league, and in order to re-register for another I PLAY FOR SF season, you will have to pay $100 fee upon entering the league again.
6. Reminder: You can register your team for a season many weeks prior to the start of first game, however if you decided to wait until the week before the first game, there is no-refund on any registration paid within 10 days of the first match.
All fees must be paid 1-week prior to the first game, or you will not be scheduled.
Email notification to IPLAYFORSF@streetsoccerusa.org must be made 10 days before the start of the first game. If not done 10 days before there will be no refund issued.
Rules of Competition
All Soccer Matches will follow the rules listed here:
Warning: Every player must sign the I PLAY FOR SF Liability Waiver in order to participate. Please have your team members apply online or arrive early to your first game to complete.
While I PLAY FOR SF encourages and promotes Fair Play and Safety, participation in our League can cause injuries and you must play at your own risk.
Style: 8 players vs. 8 players. 7 Field Players and a Goalkeeper.
- Maximum of 16 players
- No player may be added after 5th game of season. Rosters will be frozen at the culmination of the 5th game.
2. Game Length:
- Games will consist of two (2), twenty-five (25) minute halves, with a rest period of no more than three (3) minutes. The clock for the matches will start at the posted game time and according to the officials watch.
- There is NO offside rule
- The goalkeeper may kick, punt, drop-kick, or throw the ball in the air past half-field
- Are allowed to slide inside his/her own goal box
- May only hold the ball in their hands for six (6) seconds. A violation will result in a free-kick from the spot of the ball for the opposing team, unless it is closer that 8 yards from the goal, in which case the ball will be moved back to 8 yards from the goal line.
5. Field Players:
- Are NOT allowed to slide-tackle
- All free kicks are Direct. A wall is permitted, but must be 8 yards from the spot of the ball.
- Are taken in accordance with FIFA laws of the game
8. Minimum Players and Forfeitures:
- The first game of the night there will be 5-minute grace period before the start of the game to allow players coming from work, etc.
- All other games will start at the time scheduled
- Teams must have a minimum of 6 players to start the game, if 6 players are not available to start the game, the game is forfeited. Both teams can still choose to play the game, but the opposing team will receive the points for winning the match.
- The COED Division requires a minimum of three (3) female field players on the field at all times. If a team is short on players, the following is required:
7 players: 2 female field players
6 players: 2 female field players
Less than 6 is a forfeit as stated above
9. Each team is responsible for providing a game ball
10. Each team should have a dark and light jersey in case a conflict arises. Uniform colors will be posted on the schedule page for teams that submitted jersey colors
11. Regular Season
- 3 Points for Win
- 1 Point for Tie
- 0 Points for Loss
- Forfeit results in 3-0 win for opposing team
- No extra-time or penalties in regular season
12. For Playoffs and Finals
- In the result of a tie there will be kicks taken from the penalty mark
- Kicks from the penalty will be taken in accordance with FIFA laws of the game
13. Regular Season Standings:
- TOTAL POINTS
- GOALS IN FOR
- GOALS AGAINST
14. Protesting a rule/result:
- The Referees decision is final
- Any protests regarding a match must be made within a half an hour of the competition ending with an opposing captain or referee.
- All protests must them be submitted in writing within 48 hours via email, IPLAYFORSF@StreetSoccerUSA.org.
- If a player/team would like to appeal a decision they must do so in writing and accompany the appeal with a $25 check (payable to Street Soccer USA) and make a payment via streetsoccerusa.org
15. Any player injured or bleeding must exit the field. All clothes and body must be free of blood before returning to the field for play.
16. Yellow Cards:
- Team must play a player down for 5 full minutes, even if a goal is scored.
17. Red Cards:
- Player must leave the field of play, but are allowed to stay within grounds so long as their conduct is appropriate.
- Suspension can be imposed depending on the severity of the infraction
- Offending Team will play a player down for the remainder of the match
- 8 substitutes, unlimited substitutions
- Must enter field from mid-line
- Referee must approve substitution
- Any stoppage in play a substitution may be made
19. A Goal CANNOT be scored directly from a kick-off
20. Shin-Guards ARE required. Mini-Shin Guards NOT allowed
21. Zero-Tolerance policy for Fighting. May result in police action as well as extended suspension from the league.
22. Team captains are responsible for the conduct of the team
23. All games are on artificial turf. Cleats or Flat shoes are allowed. Games will be played RAIN or SHINE, unless posted on the league homepage. Cancellations by the league will be made no later than 4pm the day of the games and will be posted on the website and team captains will be notified.
Cancellations made after 4pm will be made at the referees discretion.
- We will issue pro-rated refunds if we have to cancel or shorten a season more than 2 games due to unforeseen weather, etc. All refunds will be made at the discression of I PLAY FOR SF. Games will be rescheduled if allowed by facility.